About the Church

Welcome to the Church of the Visitation, the oldest parish in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur (since 1848). We are located in a sprawling 2 acre beautifully landscaped premises right in the centre of Seremban town. The present church complex includes the equally historical Parochial House, and the Visitation Hall and Formation Centres (both completed in 1996) and the Wisma Visitation (acquired in 2008). The present Church building with its neo-Gothic architecture is truly a central landmark of this town and has been described as "one of the most beautiful in the mission."

We take great pride in calling ourselves "the Welcoming Parish" as we aspire to live up to the high ideals of our vision statement. We are an 12,000 parishioners: strong multicultural and multilingual community with 4 main languages - English, Tamil, Mandarin and Bahasa Malaysia used in worship, ministry and catechesis. Various migrant communities also call Visitation their home.

Apart from the main parish community in Seremban, we also have pastoral care for the chapels located in Gadong Estate, Marjorie Estate, Saga Estate, Titi New Village, Rahang New Village, Rasah New Village, Sikamat New Village, Jalan Rahang, Tekir Labu, Belihoi Mantin, and the Carmelite monastery located in Jalan Rasah, Seremban.

Note: Image found at Home Page used for 8 basic infos of the Parish, it is known as Our Lady's Visitation, mosaic from the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Blessed Virgin of Ta' Pinu. It is a minor basilica and national shrine located some 700 metres (2,300 ft) from the village of G─žarb on the island of Gozo, the sister island of Malta. Image courtesy of Fr. Lawrence Lew.